Hi everyone! Ime here to share with you a photo tutorial on how I create textures on my chipboard and metal embellishments. This is part 2 of my posting for this month.
Here is a photo of what it looks like before I alter it..... you'll see me using this chipboard on a later posting Challenge Intro Part 3
1. with a bare chipboard, I started by adding light molding paste to random areas
2. when I'm happy with the result, I heat set it
3. then I paint gesso all over the chipboard
4. while the gesso is still wet I sprinkle some embossing powder on random areas
5. lastly, I heat set again
and this is what it looks like after altering it....
This a photo of the before and after of the metal piece I incorporated in my earlier post Challenge Intro Part 1
1. first I cover the metal piece with patina using a make up sponge
2. I heat set it
3. when it's completely dry, I sand it with a sandpaper
4. after sanding I cover the metal piece with versamark
5. then I sprinkle embossing powder on random areas making sure not the cover the whole metal piece
6. lastly, I heat set it
metal embellishment MAYAROAD ANTIQUE PLUME FEATHERS
chipboard BLUE FERN STUDIOS MARRAKESH PANEL
A summary of what you have to do:
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'New Beginnings'
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: January 31, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS