Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Photo Turorial for Pretty Paper Studio

Photo Tutorial

Hi everyone! Ime here to share with you a photo tutorial on how I create textures on my chipboard and metal embellishments. This is part 2 of my posting for this month.

Chipboards

Here is a photo of what it looks like before I alter it..... you'll see me using this chipboard on a later posting Challenge Intro Part 3


1. with a bare chipboard, I started by adding light molding paste to random areas





2. when I'm happy with the result, I heat set it


3. then I paint gesso all over the chipboard



4. while the gesso is still wet I sprinkle some embossing powder on random areas




5. lastly, I heat set again



and this is what it looks like after altering it....



Metal Embellishment

This a photo of the before and after of the metal piece I incorporated in my earlier post Challenge Intro Part 1



1. first I cover the metal piece with patina using a make up sponge







2. I heat set it


3. when it's completely dry, I sand it with a sandpaper


4. after sanding I cover the metal piece with versamark


5. then I sprinkle embossing powder on random areas making sure not the cover the whole metal piece


6. lastly, I heat set it 


supplies list:

metal embellishment MAYAROAD ANTIQUE PLUME FEATHERS
patina
palette knife
embossing powder

Happy crafting!!!


A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'New Beginnings' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album January Challenge: New Beginnings
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: January 31, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 

1 comment:

  1. wonderful choice of chipboard, Ime! =) TFS!
    Please share the link at the Filipino Scrapbookers Club. The members would love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete