Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tips For Quilling - Pretty Paper Studio Project

dec-2014e
Hi everyone!!! Ime here to share some tips on paper quilling. I learned all of these while making my December projects. Hope it helps specially for those who are just starting or interested to do paper quilling.
tip #1
dec-2014-pta
When turning the paper using the slotted tool, try to make the edges of the paper even. The outcome would be nicer.
The paper roll on top isn't even the bottom two are.
What I do is to push the paper a little to my thumb and using my index finger to guide it. I'm so sorry I couldn't provide photo.
tip #2
dec-2014-ptb
The first two rolls on top are done with some paper extending the slot on slotted tool while the other two are done with the paper exactly at the edge of the slotted tool. Really makes a difference.
tip #3
dec-2014-ptd
Before I start rolling I break the paper fibers by pulling the paper like streching it using my fingernail on my thumb to put pressure on the paper.
Happy Holidays!!! and Happy crafting everyone!!!
list of materials:
other materials
flat back pearl
holographic embossing powder
Here’s how to join…
For this month, we would like you make any project that goes with our theme “Holidays”.
Upload your entry at our  members gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum “December 2014 challenge”.
All entries are due on the 31st of December, 2014.
Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED25.

No comments:

Post a Comment