Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tips on How to Grunge Up Your Journal

ppsbp1
Hi everyone!!! Here are some pictures on how I did the grunge effect on the journal.
This is the insert for the folder before I grunged it up.ppspt2jan2015
Here is the result after using gesso, inks and stamps.ppsbp12
Tips....
ppspt4jan2015 
The trick is to gesso the papers using a dry brush with a very light hand. Make sure the brush is not loaded with gesso. 

ppspt5jan2015
Another tip is to stamp the image first on a piece of paper before stamping it on the project (second generation stamping) -for the background images.
I layered my stamping using different rubber stamps.

Here are some more close-ups on the my favorite pages.
ppsbg11 ppsbp11
Love love love the stamping!!!

Here is the cover page. I did some dry brushing with gesso first then some stamping.  To finish it off, I used a black inkpad and brush it all over the edges.ppsbp13

Hope you like my turtorial. Happy crafting everyone!!!!
list of materials:
prima epiphany 6x6 paper pad
liquitex light molding paste
prima chalk ink
other material
tattered angels tags
stamps
tim holtz memory file

No comments:

Post a Comment