Monday, February 24, 2014

Photo Tutorial - air dry clay hearts

Hi! I'm back again to share a photo tutorial on how I created the hearts I used for the mixed media card I posted earliertutori for Pretty Paper Studio.

Here is the card...
 

Some close-up shots of the heart.




Just a little air dry clay is enough, about the size of a marble.


I mist the palm of my hands with water before rolling the clay into a ball. This would prevent cracks.


I mold the clay in to a heart by using my pinky finger to create the top and pinching the bottom. Please excuse the foot of my daughter, she was helping me take the picture and also my inky fingers.


This is how the clay should look like after molding it.


I let the clay air overnight then I cut it into half with ordinary scissors.  


I painted it with distress stain.


When the stain is dry, I apply clear glue all over the clay then sprinkle some distress glitter over them.


The finish product.


A summary of what you have to do: 
Make a Scrapbook Page or a Card or an Altered Project with the theme 'ALL ABOUT LOVE' 
Your work has to be new: made after this challenge went live
Be a member of our Facebook Group and share your project in our album February Challenge: All About Love
Projects that are not shared in the specified album will be disqualified
Follow us on Blogger and Like us on Facebook
You can participate in this challenge only once
Deadline: February 28, 2014
Prize: A prize pack put together by PPS 


Supplies List
air dry clay
clear wet glue 

No comments:

Post a Comment